* UN Security Council Approves New Sanctions Against Iran
* Turkey and Brazil Vote Against Iranian Sanctions
* Iran Threatens to Reduce Ties to IAEA
* 86 People Reported Sick in Louisiana and Alabama from Oil Spill
* Activist Pours Fake Oil on Herself During Senate Hearing
* BP Claims There Are No Underwater Oil Plumes
* Obama Urges Israel to Loosen Blockade of Gaza
* Israeli Document: Gaza Blockade a Form of "Economic Warfare"
* Obama’s Intel Nominee Tied to False Iraq WMD Claim
* Senate Democrats Scale Back Tax Increase on Wall Street
* Syed Hashmi Sentenced to 15 Years in Jail
* 12,000 Nurses in Minnesota Go On Strike
* LA to Pay $500,000 to Journalists Beaten at May 2007 Protest
* More Headlines…
Mexican Teenager Shot Dead on Mexican Soil by US Border Agent
US authorities have said fifteen-year-old Sergio Adrian Hernandez Güereca was part of a group of boys throwing rocks at Border Patrol agents who were trying to detain two people at the border crossing. But a cell-phone video obtained by the Spanish language network Univision shows otherwise. The grainy footage shows the Border Patrol agent detaining one man at gunpoint. While he has the man on the ground, he points his gun toward a second person on the Mexican side of the border. The video shows that person running away as the agent fires several shots. The video then shows a body next to a column under the bridge. We speak to Fernando Garcia, the director of the Border Network for Human Rights.
EXCLUSIVE: New Video Smuggled Out from Mavi Marmara of Israel’s Deadly Assault on Gaza Aid Flotilla
In a Democracy Now! exclusive, we bring you a sneak preview of previously unseen raw footage from the Mavi Marmara that will be formally released at a press conference at the United Nations later in the day. The footage shows the mood and the activities onboard the Mavi Marmara in the time leading up to the attack, and the immediate reaction of the passengers during the attack. We are joined by filmmaker and activist Iara Lee, one of the few Americans on the Mavi Marmara ship. Her equipment was confiscated, but she managed to smuggle out an hour’s worth of footage.
Peace Activist Kathy Kelly on the Secret US War in Pakistan
In Pakistan, where the undeclared US war continues to expand, armed fighters attacked a convoy carrying military vehicles for NATO forces in Afghanistan, torching fifty trucks, killing seven, and injuring another seven. Last week, a senior United Nations official formally asked the Obama administration to halt or scale back CIA drone strikes on alleged militant suspects in Pakistan. For a perspective on what US policy toward Afghanistan and Pakistan looks like on the ground, we’re joined here in New York by longtime activist Kathy Kelly. She just returned from a trip to Pakistan and Afghanistan, where she met with those she describes as "the impoverished and war-weary."